SUP

    Saturday 21 January 2012

    Yesterday instead of windsurfing at the holiday program the girls did Stand up paddle boarding.

    2012-01-3131
    Turns out that full sun and hats are not really condusive to great shots...even if they are funky new hats she got for Christmas 

    2012-01-3119

    she was sitting here because they had to get down low in order to make it under the pier..... silly E went under the lowest part in this shot so she had to be almost flat to make it without hitting her head.

    At the end of the day E told me it was sooooo much fun, even better than windsurfing!

    Unfortunately because it was calm and way easier  than windsurfing they were also further out in the bay, most of the time behind the boats in the harbour. That made it really hard to get photos, let alone decent ones.

    So I stood on the pier and waited until they came in sight.... it turns out that there was only once when they were coming directly at me.... but just as I was about to get a really good shot of Ac....

    2012-01-3075

    Of course at this point I started laughing.... so hard that I just couldn't get a decent shot after that..

    2012-01-3076

    turns out that even  awesome ai servo and 1/ 6400 can't deal with camera shake from laughing!

    2012-01-3077

    She said later.... that she stood too far back for her weight....

    I might point out that I am not a completely bad mother and it is quite shallow in most of this area.

    And I wasn't the only person laughing as she slowly slid into the water!

    Later as we were driving home she says to me..."I finally worked out what SUP stands for" "Stand Up Paddle boards".....I might point out that is after 3 weeks!!! 

    And just because:

    IMG_2598

    The seriously Mum must you take ANOTHER photo of me look; I am 13 you know.

    the hair colour courtesy of Ireland's left over sun in.

    You won't see that delightful fringe she cut herself anymore, the hairdresser fixed it today, it is now layered at the front, and just because A had layers E had to have them too. She was exstatic when the hairdresser told her how to make her hair look more curly.....and it worked!

    IMG_1235

    That one is from Ikea a few weeks back.

    Post a Comment